The Northern Territory Government, through the Department of Tourism and Culture, acknowledges the importance of business events to the Territory economy and the role they play in enhancing the local knowledge base and being a catalyst for innovation, investment and trade.
Who can apply?
Business events planners or organisations considering the Northern Territory as the destination for their business event may apply for financial assistance of A$100 per delegate.
How can the financial assistance be used?
Financial assistance may be used for any of the following:
- Engagement of a local Professional Conference Organiser or Destination Management Company
- Gala dinner
- Welcome function
- Technical touring element
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) element
- Local key note speaker (e.g. a local expert or affiliation with local experts)
- Freight which incorporates the use of a local supplier (can be an international or national operator with a Northern Territory affiliation)
- On-the-ground transportation
- Other activities that demonstrate support of local NT businesses