NT Business Events Support Fund
The Northern Territory Government, through the Department of Tourism and Culture, acknowledges the importance of business events to the Territory economy and the role they play in enhancing the local knowledge base and being a catalyst for innovation, investment and trade.
Who can apply?
Business events planners or organisations considering the Northern Territory as the destination for their business event may apply for financial assistance of A$100 per delegate, up to a maximum of A$50,000 per event.
How can the financial assistance be used?
Financial assistance may be used for any of the following:
- Engagement of a local Professional Conference Organiser or Destination Management Company
- Gala dinner
- Welcome function
- Technical touring element
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) element
- Local key note speaker (e.g. a local expert or affiliation with local experts)
- Freight which incorporates the use of a local supplier (can be an international or national operator with a Northern Territory affiliation)
- On-the-ground transportation
- Other activities that demonstrate support of local NT businesses
Eligibility and criteria
Support may be provided to stage a business event that aligns with the Territory’s economic and social strengths in the following industries:
- Health – tropical health, rural and remote health delivery, Indigenous health (including bush medicine), critical care, emergency management and trauma response and research.
- Agribusiness – agriculture, aquaculture, pastoral, horticulture and related bio-security research and development
- Land Management – desert knowledge, weed management, water and waste management.
- Mining, minerals, oil and gas
- Renewable energies – solar
- Education – Indigenous, distance education and International
- Defence and defence related industries
Note: Support for business events that do not align with the above may be considered on a case-by-case basis providing significant economic returns and flow-on benefits to the Territory can be demonstrated.
Contact the NTCB for further information or visit the NTCB website for an application form