Lively business and recreation hub
Combine business with leisure
The Darwin Convention Centre is the spectacular centrepiece of the picturesque Darwin Waterfront Precinct.
This vibrant lifestyle precinct offers high quality accommodation, upmarket shops and eateries, stylish boutiques; along with sheltered sandy beach, wave lagoon pool, pleasant walkways and lush parklands - all on the doorstep of the Convention Centre.
The Waterfront Precinct hosts many lively events and festivals on weekends; and is also a popular spot for exercise. The Centre overlooks Darwin Harbour, which is active with commercial and leisure craft year-round.
The beautiful resort-like setting, blue sunny skies and the leisurely Darwin ambience all help to take delegates away from the usual hustle and bustle of big cities. Instead delegates find themselves more relaxed with more space to think and concentrate on the conference agenda at hand.
The serene waterfront setting enables delegates to combine business with leisure and pleasure. Head out for a morning walk and soak up the views, do yoga in the park, take a swim in the recreation lagoon or your own hotel pool.
The excellent selection of alfresco cafes, restaurants and bars overlooking the scenic water views are ideal for connecting and networking or simply unwinding at the end of the working day.
The Darwin Waterfront is located within a short leisurely walk of the City and is easily accessible via the elevated 'Sky Bridge'.
Vibrant Waterfront Precinct
- Wave lagoon – large lagoon pool with up to 1.2 metre high waves with bogey boards and floating rings provided for our enjoyment. Or take time out to relax on a sun-lounge under the shady umbrellas and enjoy Darwin's warm balmy weather. Open daily 10am - 6pm
- Wharf apartments – contemporary, relaxed tropical living for a very Darwin way of life
- Accommodation - two first-class hotels
- Dining and shopping – alfresco restaurants and cafes, spa, boutiques and retail outlets
- Charles Darwin University Business School – purpose built campus housing 600 students across Business, Hospitality & Tourism. It provides both domestic and international students with an integrated learning environment that fosters closer partnerships with the local government and business community
- Protected beach – providing a safe patrolled swimming beach to cool off year round
- Seaside promenade – Providing scenic harbour views from a winding waterfront boardwalk
- Parks and gardens – wide, open parklands with picnic and play areas
- Public art - integrated amongst the buildings, amenities and public spaces, celebrating the diverse cultural influences of the area
- Darwin Cruise Ship Terminal – port of call for interstate and international cruise ships