Chef's Rosella and Raspberry Sorbet
Date: October 31, 2018
500 g rosella
500 g raspberries
6 gm Xanthan gum
400 gm sugar
200gm corn glucose
Pinch of salt
20 gm gelatine
100 ml rosewater
60 ml Lemonchello
- Bring rosella flower, raspberry and water to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Blend together along with xanthan gum then pass through a very fine sieve.
- Soak Gelatine in ice cold water
- Transfer back to a pot and add sugar, glucose, salt, gelatine, boil and reduce to liquid is 1 ltr
- Set aside liquid and allow to cool, when it has cooled to room temperature add the rosewater and Lemonchello
- Churn to sorbet in an ice cream churner.