NT Business Events Support Funding
Date: January 24, 2018
The Northern Territory Government has launched a new Business Events Support Fund. Organisations can apply for financial assistance of A$100 per delegate up to a maximum of A$50,000 per event.
Support will be weighted towards business events which align with the Territory’s economic and social strengths which include:
- Health – tropical health, rural and remote health delivery, Indigenous health (including bush medicine), critical care, emergency management and trauma response and research.
- Agribusiness – agriculture, aquaculture, pastoral, horticulture and related bio-security research and development.
- Land Management – desert knowledge, weed management, water and waste management.
- Mining, minerals, oil and gas.
- Renewable energies – solar.
- Education – Indigenous, distance and international education.
- Defence and defence related industries.
Business events that do not align with the above may be considered on a case-by-case basis providing significant economic returns and flow-on benefits to the Northern Territory can be demonstrated.
The Business Events Fund takes effect from the beginning of 2018 and prompt applications are recommended, as strong demand from the marketplace is anticipated. The fund is being managed and administered by the Northern Territory Business Events. Visit our Event Funding page to find out more information.