Indigenous Allied Health Australia National Conference
The 2019 IAHA National Conference, celebrating 10 years of making a difference in Indigenous Allied Health, will take place from 23 - 25 September 2019 at the Darwin Convention Centre, Darwin, Australia.
IAHA brings you the best platform for all things Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander allied health-related in Australia. Over the past seven years, IAHA has held four National Conferences, six HealthFusion Team Challenges (HFTC), one International Indigenous Allied Health Forum, two National Forums and two Leadership Workshops, which have been attended by over 1,700 participants from across Australia and around the world. With the 2019 IAHA National Conference, we expect that number to exceed 2,000.
The 2019 IAHA National Conference recognises the diversity of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the diversity of our membership as well as interdisciplinary action within the allied health sector. We also recognise how sustained holistic, strengths-based approaches to health and wellbeing can achieve health equality for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
National Conference delegates will experience:
- Professional development that will challenge them both personally and professionally
- Networking opportunities with like-minded people within a culturally diverse and safe space
- Opportunities for growth and learning
- A Gala celebration of Excellence in the Indigenous allied health sector
- Enriching cultural experiences