Date: July 17, 2019
Chicken Breast Milanese
Preparation: 30minutes Cooking time: 20minutes
Serve: 4 Portions
4 Boned Chicken Breast (approximately 140 gm)
Parmesan Egg Mix
3 whole Eggs
30 gm grated Parmesan cheese
50 ml fresh Cream
10gm Chopped Parsley Leaves
Plain Flour for dusting Chicken
Rosemary as Garnish
2 peeled carrots, chopped 1cm width
2 celery stalks, chopped roughly with leaves
3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
1 peeled, medium sized brown onion, roughly chopped.
3 cups White wine
140g tomato Paste
800g tinned chunky tomatoes
2 bay leaves
2 sprigs of thyme
2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Rough chop peeled carrots, celery stalks/leaves, onion and garlic. Put in a medium sized pot with two table spoons of vegetable oil on a medium-high heat. Sweat. Add white wine. Simmer for 15-20mins.
- Add tinned tomatoes, tomato paste, bay leaves and thyme. Stir. Simmer for 10-15mins.
- Take pot off heat, remove bay leaves then blitz with a stick blender until no lumps are visible. Add Balsamic vinegar, caster sugar, salt and pepper in small increments at a time until a desirable taste.
Parmesan Egg Mix
- Whisk together eggs, parmesan, cream, parsley in a medium sized bowl.
- Dust chicken breast in plain flour then coat it in the parmesan egg mix.
- Heat oil in a fry pan on a medium-high heat, searing chicken to give colour on each side.
- Put chicken on a baking tray sprayed with oil and place in the oven on a low temperature of 160 degrees C for 10mins or until it reaches a core temp of 70 degrees C.
Layer chicken in a domino effect on a plate.
Sauce as per photo, sprinkled with shaved parmesan cheese and two rosemary sprigs as garnish.