ATEC Meeting Place sells out in Darwin
Date: November 20, 2018
ATEC’s annual gathering of the export tourism industry’s thought leaders, decision makers and business development managers have come to Darwin to explore ‘Authentic Australia’.
This year’s Meeting Place, held at the Darwin Convention Centre, has been well supported with tourism businesses travelling from ATEC’s seven branches across the country to descend on Darwin. The packed program of activities and events has been oversubscribed, with record numbers registered for the pre-famil, B2B workshops, CEO forum and Gala Dinner, highlighting the importance of this event on the inbound tourism industry calendar.
“In 2016 we made the decision to move Meeting Place out of its Sydney base, a location where it had been held for 40 years and we can definitely say the move has proved to be highly successful,” ATEC Managing Director Peter Shelley said.
“In embracing new locations around the country, Meeting Place has been able to explore different destinations, offering an opportunity to showcase local tourism products to an expanding international buyer audience.”
This year Meeting Place will not only offer the opportunity to explore Darwin and the NT, its food and wildlife, the conference delegates will hear from Matt Wright, the star of National Geographic’s hit TV show Outback Wrangler.
Meeting Place will also deliver 4,000 plus tourism buyer/seller business to business meetings at the Darwin Convention Centre.
Key conference presenters include:
- Michael Crossland, humanitarian and best selling author
- John O’Sullivan, Managing Director of Tourism Australia
- Stephanie Tully, Executive Manager, Group Brand & Marketing, Qantas
- Nicholas Henderson, Director China Practice, Asia Business
- Saxon Booth, Director of Business Development Dragon Trail, Beijing,
- Nicholas Henderson, Global Manager, Social Media, Tourism Australia
- Michael Nelson, Managing Director Pinnacle Tourism Marketing
- Matthew Findlay, Head of Aviation Development, NT Airports
The program will also present a range Industry panel discussions including Stronger Together - building profitable buyer and seller partnerships, Aviation access – the real driver of growth, How Millennials are Changing the face of Chinese travel and The Undisputed Power of Social Media – case studies from the front line.
Other highlights include the graduation of ATEC’s ELITE Emerging Leaders class of 2018, ATEC’s National CEO Forum and ATEC Excellence Awards and Gala Dinner.